MASTER THESE SKILLS LUKE SKYWALKER!
The 12 point evaluation includes, but is not limited to the following techniques to identify the focus in each point.
- Heart Rate
- pulse is taken 3x over the course of the evaluation, officer anticipates a decrease as the evaluation nears the end
- Normal is 60-90 bpm
- Methamphetamine and Marijuana are stimulants and will rise
- Alcohol is a depressant that will decrease the normal rate
- Eye Movement and Pupil Response
- When one attempts to cross their eyes, people on cannabis cannot accomplish task
- The pupil test administered with a light pen will force the pupils to react differently based on different substances in the system
- The infamous “Walk the Line” believed by many to be administered solely to humiliate offenders
- Close eyes and imagine when 30 seconds have passed without counting. This statement is never on time
- A muscle rigidity test
- Heroin will cause loose muscle tone
- Methamphetamine will cause tenseness
- Cannabis leaves muscles in a normal state
How will law enforcement identify a reliable test to identify the level of impairment caused by cannabis consumption alone?